MSLA, an award-winning landscape architecture firm in Berkeley, is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
This is a unique position for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to serve as an integral member of our team -- not only contributing to our studio culture, but enhancing it. The ideal candidate is a go-getter with excellent people skills, a positive attitude, and desire to work and grow with a highly collaborative design studio.
- Administrative - Answering and directing phone calls, assisting with scheduling meetings and deliveries, maintaining office directory, ordering and tracking supplies, arranging travel and meetings, maintaining company insurance policies, overseeing benefits administration, assisting staff with computer support with the help of our IT consultant, running errands and providing general administrative support as needed.
- Bookkeeping - Light bookkeeping using Quickbooks. This includes entering and paying bills, processing payroll, invoicing (occurs monthly), tracking accounts receivable and following up on late payments. Dependent on experience, other tasks could include assisting with projections, reconciling bank and credit card statements and running project reports.
- Marketing - Assisting Firm Principal in researching business and promotional opportunities, tracking status of RFQs/RFPs, providing support in preparing proposals and other marketing collateral, and assisting in submitting content for publishing requests.
Candidates should possess:
- Proficiency in MS Office and Quickbooks.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Tech savvy, a plus
- Strong graphic skills and instincts
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Interest in architecture and landscape architecture, a plus
- Enthusiasm and initiative to thrive and take ownership of this role in a small, collaborative office environment.
Work experience as an Office Assistant and/or Manager desired. Experience in an architecture or other design-related firm is a significant plus. Compensation commensurate with experience.
ENTRY-LEVEL LANDSCAPE DESIGNER
We are seeking an entry level Landscape Designer who is highly motivated and willing to take on responsibility and grow with our nimble, collaborative design studio.
Candidates should possess:
- Degree from an accredited Bachelors or Master’s program in Landscape Architecture.
- Professional experience in a Landscape Architecture or Architecture firm is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office required. Familiarity with Sketchup, Lumion, Rhino and Revit a plus.
- Strong design and technical skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Professional communication and leadership skills.
To apply for a position, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format not exceeding 10 MB in size to email@example.com. The subject of your email should include the job title. No calls or visits to our office please. Due to the high volume of applications received, we will not respond to every inquiry.
Please note that submissions without work samples attached to your email will not be considered. Links to websites or to download portfolios from third party sites will be reviewed on a discretionary basis, so please ensure all pertinent materials are contained within your email.